A Dynamic Future Calls For Dynamic Leaders
As the most advanced, relevant and complete leadership program on the market today, the CSCMP Executive Supply Chain Academy by Chi Studios develops tomorrow’s leaders. Designed for high potential supply chain executives ready to take their leadership skills to the next level, this unique 4-Day-Intensive Program gives you the foundation to solve today’s biggest challenges in a facilitated, collaborative environment, surrounded by peers, innovators, and thought leaders.
Schedule Your Briefing Call
Limited to 4 Seats Per Organization
Pricing: $10,000 per participant. Group rates available.
Size: 15 Directors per group.
Registration closes April 30, 2024
Spring Intensive: May 19-22, 2024 – Atlanta, GA
LED AND ATTENDED BY CURRENT AND FORMER EXECUTIVES FROM GLOBAL CORPORATIONS
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Equipping Leaders For The Future
The Executive Supply Chain Academy is a unique, collaboration-based executive leadership program designed to build executive presence, leadership skills, and fluency with next generation technologies. Built in partnership between Council for Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) and Chi Studios, the program places participants in small peer groups (no more than 10 participants per group), and surrounds them with a team of proven industry leaders–current and former CSCOs, front-runners in innovation and technology, leading investors, and renowned thought leaders–as they work together to build an approach to specific challenges.
Participants will grow their skillsets through a focus on four pillars.
Participants will work with seasoned Fortune 500 executives to learn and practice techniques that earn a seat at the executive table.
Our program goes beyond technical expertise and includes:
- Storytelling and case-building with the executive team, including the CEO, CFO, and CIO.
- Understanding concerns and priorities across departments and functions; learning how to relate to other executives.
- Landing a presentation to a Board of Directors.
Participants will emerge with a heightened, pragmatic awareness of the technology landscape required for ongoing supply chain excellence.
Topics of focus include:
- Innovative technologies and techniques to address emerging challenges.
- Benchmarks with peer organizations.
- Relationships with technology leaders, investors, and thought leaders.
Participants will develop strategies that enable them to become dynamic leaders and change agents within their organizations, with strengths in:
- Building the case for investment and change.
- Motivating the team to adopt change.
- Navigating complex stakeholder dynamics.
- Developing processes and identifying risk.
Participants will gain a heightened awareness of the current and future competitive strategies and dynamics within their industries, enabling them to:
- Link function-specific investments and activities to the overarching strategy of the organization.
- Become a trusted advisor and true partner to counterparts.
- Build the case for investment and change
For Fortune 1000 Director-Level Supply Chain Leaders
The Executive Supply Chain Academy is designed for supply chain leaders currently operating one to two levels below the C-Suite executive. Ideal participants are seeking to take the next career step and develop the business mindset needed for leading at the C-Suite level.
As command-level leaders, participants must have a thorough understanding of particular elements of the supply chain system, and be seeking to develop a more comprehensive end-to-end perspective.
Participants must already have well practiced leadership and communication skills, having led teams within a supply chain organization. A great emphasis will be placed on translating current leadership and communication skills into an effective C-Suite executive presence, preparing participants to translate supply chain initiatives into business value, present to the board, negotiate with the CFO, or educate the CEO on complex topics.
From Functional to End-to-End Leadership
The Executive Supply Chain Academy is designed to cater to the unique needs of functional leaders from all parts of the supply chain. All participants focus on end-to-end supply chain capabilities with opportunities to dive deep into specific business cases as their primary point of focus:
For Sourcing Leaders
For Manufacturing Leaders
Manufacturing leaders sit at the heart of all supply chain functions. They work with distribution on innovative drop-ship solutions straight from the production line and partner with sourcing leaders to keep production rolling during times of supply disruption. Production needs to be balanced to minimize inventory hold while ensuring no stock-outs through integration with dynamic order management systems.
For Inventory Leaders
Emerging automation solutions can enable dynamic inventory-order matching. This requires an in-depth understanding of emerging technology solutions and end-to-end data flow. Lighting up available inventory across all channels is critical for dynamic reprioritizing of orders. Inventory leaders have to partner with manufacturing and distribution to enable these new capabilities.
For Distribution Leaders
Logistics and distribution leaders have to adapt to a myriad of new challenges, such as integrations with external partners, evaluating emerging warehouse automation solutions, and designing innovative last-mile solutions to respond to the new demands by customers. These considerations are only possible through tight integration with upstream functions such as inventory, manufacturing, and planning.
LED BY CURRENT AND FORMER EXECUTIVES FROM GLOBAL CORPORATIONS
Former General Manager Global Supply Chain and Supply Chain Technology Officer, Microsoft
David is a seasoned expert in the Global Supply Chain domain. With 23 years of experience at Microsoft, he held significant roles including General Manager of Global Supply Chain and Supply Chain Technology Officer. David played a key role in building Supply Chains for Xbox and Surface as well as driving the incorporation of new technologies into the Supply Chain. Today he works with numerous companies at the leading edge of Supply Chain.
Founder & Managing Director, Concordia Supply Chain Group
Donna is an accomplished thought leader across supply chain, sourcing, innovation, and sustainability. She has held leadership positions at Bloomberg, Johnson & Johnson, and The Walt Disney Company. In addition to her professional expertise, Donna is an adjunct professor, vice chair of CSCMP’s board of directors, and former chair of the sustainable supply chain committee.
Former EVP and Chief Supply Chain, Transformation, and Enterprise Services Officer, General Mills
As the Chief Supply Chain Officer at General Mills, John was responsible for overseeing Supply Chain and ESG aspects of global operations while providing strategic and organizational leadership. He played a significant role in expanding the Company’s footprint and market penetration through various M&A activities and successful integrations.
Former COO, Party City
Peter Smith is a seasoned Chief Supply Chain Officer/Chief Operations Officer with a distinguished career in apparel and vertical retail global supply chains. Recognized for innovation, leadership, and problem-solving, he has held key roles at Party City, Carter’s, and VF Corporation, driving impactful change and optimizing operations.
Pushing Supply Chain Careers Forward
Participants come out of The Executive Supply Chain Academy prepared for the next stage of their career journey. With a greater understanding of the CSCO’s relationship to the rest of the executive team and improved executive-level communication skills, graduates will be prepared to present initiatives to the CIO, CFO, CEO and Board of Directors in language and detail that is appropriate and effective.
Graduating participants will have demonstrated a thorough understanding of the changes in the supply chain technology landscape, and will have a fluency in communicating with, planning with, and negotiating with next generation technology providers.
Finally, participants will emerge with a peer-reviewed, expert-generated initiative roadmap that solves a significant opportunity/challenge at their organization, complete with an outline for a business case, estimated costs, and a board-level presentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Academy?
- The Academy is an executive development program designed by current and former CSCO specifically for Director-level functional leaders (inventory, planning, systems, operations, distribution), who are interested in a future VP or Chief role and need to gain a broader, end-to-end understanding of how supply chain fits into the overall business strategy
- ROI: We are equipping leaders with a mindset and skills so that they don’t need to rely so much on expensive consultants to figure out a way through the maze of emerging SCaaS technology.
Why Create the Academy Now?
The changing environment of the past 3-5 years requires a new mindset that allows us to enable a new level of complexity in supply chain to help us deal with:
- The Post-Covid VUCA environment
- Changing customer/e-commerce behaviors
- Geopolitical, climate volatility
- Emerging SCaaS and AI, versus the old ways of customizing an ERP
What Skills Will Supply Chain Executives be Honing?
- Understand end-to-end Supply Chain and how it drives the larger business strategy
- Know how to apply emerging SCaaS to enable those end-to-end capabilities
- Feel confident pitching high stakes, millions-of-dollar initiatives to a CFO, CEO, Board
- Implement change management and governance through storytelling bringing team and stakeholders along the journey
How Does the Academy Work?
- This new VUCA environment needs a new, collaborative approach since no one person or expert has the magic solutions.
- We apply a peer-to-peer approach which we have proven out over the past three years with our Roundtables and Workshops. We supplement this collaborative knowledge exchange with current and former Chiefs, SME, academics, and investors.
How is the Academy Different?
- Academic programs are theoretical. we work on actual supply chain projects provided by partners
- Too feww programs out there are specifically designed for the maximum impact at the functional director level
- Companies have internal leadership development for general business skills like negotiation. Very few are supply-chain specific, and they lack the external, cross-enterprise perspective
In its 60th year of service, the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) has been the preeminent worldwide professional association dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of research and knowledge on supply chain management. With CSCMP members located around the world, representing nearly all industry sectors, government, and academia, CSCMP members receive unparalleled networking opportunities, cutting-edge research, and online and on-site professional educational opportunities. o learn more, visit cscmp.org and find CSCMP on social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, CSCMPTV, and Instagram.
About Chi Studios
Chi Studios is a catalyst and producer of enterprise executive peer-to peer consulting groups. This corporate innovation collaborative was built by executives to identify real world approaches that solve top business challenges and develop the next generation of leaders in the process. Studio initiatives help teams filter advice and identify practical solutions they can trust. Chi manages two studios: The Visibility Council, for supply chain, and The Cybersecurity Studio.
Program Cost: $15,000 per participant. Group rates available.
Next Session Begins January, 2024. Signup closes December 1st.
Class Size Limited to 40 participants. 10 in each business case.
Take The Next Step In Your Leadership Journey
Early registrations are encouraged. Seats fill up quickly!